National Medical Supplies Agency (NMSA) is a public service agency responsible for the procurement, warehousing, and distribution of drugs and medical supplies in a transparent and cost effective manner for and on behalf of all public institutions throughout Sierra Leone
The National Medical Supplies Agency (NMSA) was established by an Act of parliament signed into law on the 26th October 2017.
The main objective was to repeal and replaced the National Pharmaceutical Procurement Unit (NPPU) Act of 2012 and to establish a (new) public service agency with the following.
The Agency shall have exclusive responsibility for the procurement, warehousing and distribution of drugs and medical supplies in a transparent and cost-effective manner for and on behalf of all public institutions throughout Sierra Leone (The NMSA Act,, 2017 – Part III, Section 12 – 1).
To be the sustainable and reliable public-sector health supply chain service provider for Sierra Leone.
To increase access to affordable, effective, safe, and high-quality health commodities to enhance health service delivery in Sierra Leone.
• Supply chain management control
• Improved procurement processes
• Standard storage capacity and quality
• Distribution expertise and fleet management
• Quality assurance, auditing, and data accuracy
• Information and communication technology management
• Continuous quality improvement
• Cohesion and integrated thinking
• Ethical integrity and professionalism
• Accountability and transparency
• Sensitivity to societal and environmental changes
• Customer oriented
• Innovation and excellence
• Value for money
• Equal opportunity employer